YouTube removes Bolsonaro videos for misinformation about covid-19

Published by: MRT

Published on:

YouTube elimina videos de Bolsonaro por desinformaciĆ³n sobre el covid-19

YouTube announced on Wednesday that it has removed several videos from the channel of the president of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro, for violating their policies of information related to the covid-19 pandemic, Reuters reports.

“Our rules do not allow content that indicates that hydroxychloroquine and / or ivermectin are effective in treating or preventing COVID-19, that indicates that there is a cure for the disease, or that says that masks do not work to prevent the spread of the virus “the platform said in a statement.

According to the company, the decision was made “after careful review” and without motivations from political ideology. Bolsonaro has been the subject of multiple criticism inside and outside the country for your skepticism about the pandemic, promote unproven treatments and raise doubts about the effectiveness of vaccines or the use of masks.

Although it is unclear how many videos have been removed in total, local media they remember that in May the platform had already removed 12 ‘clips’ from the president’s channel. In one of them, Bolsonaro suggested drinking herbal teas, hydroxychloroquine and other unproven remedies against the coronavirus.

YouTube also made it clear that its guidelines “are in line with the guidance from local and global health authorities“and that its internal policies are updated as changes arise.

In recent times, the Brazilian president had been avoiding mentioning the names of unproven drugs against the disease in his interventions, precisely to prevent the videos from being removed from YouTube and Facebook, which has a similar policy.

Last year, both Twitter and Facebook removed videos of Bolsonaro in which he spoke out against the recommendations of global public health experts.

Article Source

Disclaimer: This article is generated from the feed and not edited by our team.